Monday, November 19, 2012

I Side With the Blue too!

    I side with Francisco on his article, "I Side With the Blue." In his article Francisco talks about the Government and its views on same sex marriage. I agree that the Government has no say in who can marry who. Telling people who they can marry, to me, goes against the right to the pursuit of happiness. What is the worst that can happen? The world isn't going to automatically blow up if the Government decides to allow same sex marriage. It will only honor happiness to the people once discriminated against. Francisco mentioned the past's discrimination's and how they are similar to today's society. I have never really noticed the pattern. Just like the segregation of blacks, same sex couples are also being segregated against by society and it just is not right. People are people and let them live their lives how they choose.
    There was also a paragraph on higher education and it's funding. Francisco and myself also believe that the Government does not invest enough money for higher education. At least for me, I grew up always hearing about continuing education to be somebody in life. I would her this from, of course, my family and also society. "College, college, college," is all I would hear from family and society. So my question is, "if you want us to go to college to better ourselves and the society that we live in, then why is college so damn expensive and how do you think potential college students are going to pay for it?" There needs to be some other solution other than falling upon the tax payers, but what?

No comments:

Post a Comment